Umalohokan, best newsletter in RHEPC anew
For the second consecutive year, Umalohokan Newsletter of the Lavoxa Group of Publications was hailed as the best newsletter in the Regional Higher Education Press Conference (RHEPC) held in Batis Aramin, Lucban Quezon, Jan. 16 to 18.
The newsletter also won the following awards:
- Best Editorial Page
- Best Feature-Literary Page
- 2nd Best Sports Page
- 2nd Best Devcomm Page
- 3rd Best News Page
- 4th Best Page Design
The publication staff also participated in different individual categories and won the following awards:
- Cledina Marie Baya: 1st Place, Editorial Writing (English) and 5th place, Feature Writing (English)
- Jose Reynaldo Magpantay: 1st Place, Editorial Cartooning (Filipino) and 6th Place, Comic Strip Drawing (English)
- Gertie Gladley Mantuano: 2nd Place, Development Communication Writing (English) and 4th Place, News Writing (English)
- April Rose Magpantay: 2nd Place, Feature Writing (Filipino)
- Ranzel Dimaculangan: 3rd Place, Copy Reading and Headline Writing (English), 4th Place, Development Communication Writing (Filipino) and 6th Place, Sports Writing (Filipino)
- Noel Cirujano: 3rd Place, Poetry Writing (Filipino)
- Darlynne Manguiat: 3rd Place, Photojournalism (English)
- Fatima Magadia: 5th Place, Copy Reading and Headline Writing (Filipino) and 8th Place, News Writing (Filipino)
- Akeillah Bautista: 5th Place, Photojournalism (Filipino)
Meanwhile, for the special contest for observers, Laya Kathleen Reyes and Nathalia Barron ranked third in Editorial Writing (English) and Editorial Cartooning (English), respectively.
All nine winners in the individual categories, excluding those in the special contest for observers, will be advancing to the Luzonwide Higher Education Press Conference (LHEPC) to be held in Baguio City on Feb. 28 to March 2. They will be representing Calabarzon in the categories where they were recognized as part of the top five winners.